Post Jobs

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

This is where we try to answer the most common questions prospective customers might have. It’s a good idea to complete the work status questionnaire and also go through the checklist given below. Check out a few questions below.

How do I hire a temporary foreign worker?

There are 3 basic steps to hire a temporary foreign worker:

  1. Get an LMIA or submit an offer of employment
  2. Have the worker apply for a work permit
  3. Tell the worker what to expect from their application

What is an open work permit?

An open work permit is a work permit that is not job-specific. Because it is not job-specific, you will not need the following when you apply for your work permit:

  • a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada; or
  • proof that an employer has submitted an offer of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee.

In most cases, you will have to pay the open work permit holder fee at the same time that you pay the work permit fee. Check the fee list for the most up-to-date application fees.

How can I find out about jobs in Canada?

You can find out about jobs in Canada through the Working in Canada tool, labor market information and job banks.

What’s your return policy?

Return any of our products–no questions asked–within 30 days of purchase.

Work Eligibility metrics of Canada

Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada don’t require a work permit or visa to work in Canada, regardless of their country of residence.

  • Foreign nationals looking to work in or visit Canada may need to get a work permit, a visitor visa or both to enter Canada. There are temporary and permanent immigration programs that you may be eligible to apply for.
  • To work temporarily in Canada, determine your eligibility and apply to the:
  • Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP)
  • Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
  • International Experience Canada (IEC)
  • To work and become a permanent resident of Canada, determine your eligibility and apply to the:
  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC) – Express entry
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) – Express entry, including its Ph.D. eligibility stream
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) – Express entry
  • Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is the department responsible for immigration to Canada. For information on other pathways for immigration to Canada, visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Web site.

Source reference – Canada official website – CIC Help Center